The words gambling as well as responsibility generally don�t go together. However, there exists a difference between betting for fun and obsessive addictive betting. It goes without saying that the latter is inherently dangerous to the individual as well as to those around the individual.
So when really does gambling for fun take a turn for the worse and become an issue? Well, before we answer that issue we have to understand human nature. Humans are risk takers, thanks to our extra-large as well as extremely developed brains that can figure out possible gains for risks taken. Given our highly evolved nature all of us gamble for two reasons � to seek excitement and to be social. The need for excitement comes from our natural predatory impulse that is managed by our primitive brain. The neurotransmitter dopamine is actually released within our brain that provides all of us a high and we look for excitement. Whenever a predator is hunting for a prey the neurotransmitter dopamine is released and keeps the predator from distraction. However, once the gains, the prey, are made another neurotransmitter the endorphin, that produces a feeling of euphoria, is released. We get hooked on these types of chemical substances and the outcome is we become compulsive or irresponsible gamblers.
The classic symptoms of irresponsible gambling are:
* Excessive time as well as money spent on gambling
* Wagering a lot more than your sources of income
* Wagering against high odds
* Losing sight of your chances of winning a particular bid
Today it is very easy to gamble, actually many people are now able to gamble on their smartphones. These days it is quite common to find out young as well as aged play online poker on their smart phone in a subway, on the bus stop, at work, and even at home. The ease at which gambling is made possible makes it even more necessary to profess as well as advocate the benefits of responsible betting. Websites like eurolotto.com and www.cherrycasino.com are performing their bit to advertise healthy betting.
Listed below are few things you might do to stop your self from falling into the trap and become an irresponsible gambler:
* Always consider betting as a form of amusement, and never as a way of making a full time income.
* Gamble using the cash you have, don�t ever borrow for betting. Fix a limit you can afford to lose.
* Never gamble when you are depressed or even struggling with anxiety. Your judgment is likely to fail you.
* Designate a fixed time when you gamble. Don�t cross the time limit whether or not you win or lose.
* Engage in other stuff to get your dose of endorphins. Pursue some other passions and hobbies.
* Learn to cut your deficits by quitting. Never run after losses in the hope of making up.
* Never gamble when under the influence of alcoholic beverages or some other substances.
* Never ever use your Bank Debit or Credit card to gamble, always use cash that you can afford to lose.
As stated earlier EuroLotto is doing great work in ensuring accountable betting. Look for sites such as these or better still go only on this kind of sites whenever you have the urge to gamble.
Keep in mind the basic point associated with gambling is having a good time and excitement. The experience has to be positive, and the moment you realize you are losing your perspective of time and cash, it is time to stop and take a step back!